I had the most wonderful day. My mom came to visit last night to celebrate the new year with us (although we all ended up in different areas of the house - some of us asleep - when the clock hit 12), so when I woke up this morning, my mom had made coffee, and Chris had made me bacon and eggs. We spent the day cozied up in the house talking because it was about 1 degree outside and that's not counting the wind chill. I think all that talking wore me out because after lunch (which mom and Chris made - I know, I'm spoiled) I took a nap with T. How wonderful. I did actually make dinner tonight, so I wasn't a total slouch today, and then thanks to the zeitgeist of the new year, I bravely went out for one of the coldest runs I've done this year. My eyelashes froze together, and the neck warmer I had pulled up over my face was a sheet of ice by the end of the run. When I got back I told Chris, "it's like -20 out there!" thinking I was exaggerating by about 20 degrees, but when we checked the temp online it said:
Turns out I was right on, and the weather advisory says not to go outside unless necessary because frostbite can occur within 30 minutes. Well, it was necessary for me to get some exercise, and I was only out there for 28 minutes. Like Homer Simpson once said: "I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T..."
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
I am so SMRT
Posted by
Alison
at
7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you need a treadmill so you don't have to go outside in the -20 weather. are you nutz? i know where you can get one, too.
Post a Comment