When T woke me up at 7am this morning I wasn't sure I would make it until midnight tonight considering we stayed up until almost 1am visiting with Sarah and Elias last night, but now I am only an hour and ten minutes away from ushering in the new year. I almost faded away after dinner, but Chris popped in The Bourne Ultimatum and that brought back my second wind. We've been wanting to see it ever since it first came out, but since we never actually go to the movie theater anymore, we've had to wait until it came out on DVD. I have actually devised a pretty good movie finding/viewing system...whenever I see a preview or read a review about a new movie that interests me, I go to Netflix and add it to my list. Granted, I have to wait over a year until it comes out on DVD to actually see it, but there's lots of movies on my list in the meantime, and I figure I'm learning how to delay gratification.
We did a little bit of neighborhood investigation today in Eagan and saw some houses we liked, but were mostly discouraged. I was reminded of how some days when you go clothes shopping you can't find a single thing that looks good on you and you leave the store feeling totally depressed. I wasn't expecting to find a house today - we aren't even really looking yet - but I was hoping to be more excited about what we did see. M did make me laugh at the first house we looked at - as we were walking away from the front door back toward the van he says in his typical ebullient tone, "okay, let's get that one!" I guess it was good enough for him even if the yard was too shaded for me to have a garden.
Since it is New Year's Eve I have been thinking about New Year's Resolutions. I always make at least one resolution and this year I have three that I think I might actually be able to assimilate into my daily life. Here they are:
Alison's New Year Resolutions for 2008
1. Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day (it's good for you and I have been known to go all day without drinking anything!).
2. Stretch for at least five minutes each day (gotta start small).
3. Floss at least five times each week (every day is really unrealistic for me).
Exciting huh? Happy New Year!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Resolutions
Posted by
Alison
at
10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment