Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snowy Mountain

I am pretty sure I have written about Snowy Mountain before, but it is becoming legendary at our house, so I have to write about it again.

Today it was so nice outside we just had to take the boys out - it would have been child abuse not to. Unfortunately, by the time Chris and I had finished our cleaning jobs (we have the house selling fear), T needed a nap. So, what could we do but take our children out to play on the ever growing snow pile in front of our house. With each passing snowstorm the thing grows another five feet or so, so it's starting to get pretty darn big. You can see the top of our roof in between Chris and M in the picture - and the snow that is to the right of Chris - that's the snow on our roof. Yes, it's a weird camera angle, but it does give you the idea of how big of a mountain I am talking about. The two hours the boys were outside playing was pretty much the highlight of the day. Everything else consisted of cleaning, feeding various children, and trying to recover from my exhausting swim last night. I honestly feel kind of sick today, so I know I overdid it. I think I will go to bed early and hope to start the week off well by being fully rested.

1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

Wow! That's some SERIOUS snow. Supposedly B'ham got a sprinkling of snow MLK weekend...but we were out of town, so we missed it. :(

Love that photo btw!