I spent most of the morning in a total fog, either from staying up too late blogging or from being awakened at 1:30am by E, who claimed he was cold but I think just wanted an excuse to crawl up into bed with us. (We NEVER used to let M do that, so I don't know why I went all soft and let E start.) I drank about four cups of coffee before giving up on the caffeine and just took a nap with T. Chris called me at 3:30pm to tell me he wouldn't be home until late because a trauma was coming in, and to ask if I could go get his contract from the lawyer who had been reviewing it. Oh, and the office was only open for another hour, so I had to get moving. I ran to get M from preschool and then sped my way into downtown, fighting traffic the whole way, and then stopped to pick up pizza on the way home (the good stuff - because I was going to be home alone and I deserved it). About a block from my house our friend up the street called to tell me that our husbands were stuck together in the same case and that we should keep each other company until they got home. I totally agreed (because being alone on Friday night is just sad), so we had pizza, chicken wild rice soup, pear, walnut, and spinach salad, brownies, and wine for dinner while our kids ran around and played downstairs. I am just so impressed at how nicely our kids play together. They take turns, play cooperatively, and share toys - except for E who is obdurate in his refusal to share his cars - which is pretty silly considering how little he plays with them anymore. After about three hours of eating, drinking, movie watching, and baby snuggling the guys came home and ate what was left of dinner, and I thought, I can't believe we have to leave this. I know I will meet new people wherever we end up, and we will be moving closer to friends we have been away from for a while, but it's going to be hard to start over again, and I feel like it's getting harder as I get older.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment