I woke up this morning thinking I could take my time getting up and getting the house picked up from the Christmas mess. At 11:00am as I was halfway through the junk pile on the corner of our counter I realized I had made a well child check up for both E and T today at 1pm, and that M didn't have preschool, which meant that I had to drag him along to the appointment also. I had made the appointment during the time that he would be in school on purpose because whenever I try to bring all three to the doctor's office, it's just more noise, fighting, and bad behavior than I can handle, so it totally bummed me out that I would have to bring him with me - especially since I was totally unprepared as it was.
Lucky for me Chris was able to get out of work early and help me out. We still wasted two hours at the doctor's office, but it went off without any fighting or screaming. The doctor said E had failed his vision and hearing test, but I think he was just messing with her. I could see a mischievous little smile on his face every time he gave a wrong answer. She wanted to refer to opthomology and ENT, but I told her it wasn't necessary unless she knew of someone who could cure the terrible threes.
I arrived home exhausted and feeling faineant, but unable to sit down because I had invited friends (and their kids who are the same ages as our kids) over for dinner, and I had to get started cooking. I perked up after a few cups of coffee (which explains why now I am wide awake at 11pm,
even after swimming half a mile and lifting weights), and we had a wonderful dinner. I feel like every year we meet some new wonderful people and then either we or they end up moving, and this year is no exception. It makes me so sad that I will once again lose a friend (at least in the see each other every day sense), but I think we have a chance to stay in touch through email and bi-yearly vacations - luckily we enjoy going the same places and our kids seem to love each other.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
No Referrals Necessary
Posted by
Alison
at
10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
are those the two cutest babies, or what? how the heck did you get them to both look at you and not make goofy faces?
Post a Comment