I feel like our lives have been taken over by Batman. It all started when M and E found the Batman legos on the Lego website, then they bought Batman costumes for Halloween, followed by Batman pajamas they insist on wearing every night, and Batman capes they want to wear every day. Unfortunately, we only have one real cape and they had a major fight over it tonight causing about two hours worth of screaming and time outs. Grandma Laura bought them a Batman movie for Christmas and we have a fight every day when it's time to turn it off. I would almost like to just "lose" it, but they would just scream at me until I couldn't take it anymore, so that just doesn't seem worth it. All they talk about, play, imagine, want to read about, and probably dream about is Batman. Is it normal for kids to get this fixated on a cartoon character? The interesting thing is, they don't hardly play with their beloved Hot Wheels cars anymore. Everything for the past four years of my life revolved around Hot Wheels cars, and then after Chris introduced Legos (and therefore Batman), it all changed. I wonder if I can get rid of all those cars now? I sound a lot more irritated than I really am. M's teacher reminded me today to enjoy each stage while it lasts because my boys will be all grown up far too soon.
I had a fairly productive day, mostly because the boys were so absorbed by playing and watching Batman. I got all three bathrooms cleaned, all the suitcases and presents unpacked and put away, the dining area decluttered, the Christmas tree and decorations taken down, the kitchen cleaned and everything put away from our big dinner last night, and one load of laundry done. I managed to spend about an hour playing with T, who loved the attention, but couldn't convince either M or E to play with me. They were too entrenched with their arcanum Lego Batman game.
Today was M's first day back at school after break, and when I asked him how it was, he replied, "I was bad. I did a bad thing." Yikes. I wasn't sure I wanted to know what bad thing it was that he did, but I asked anyway. He told me, "I colored very badly today." How sad is that?
Thursday, January 3, 2008
The Batmen
Posted by
Alison
at
9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
while Danny is ecstatic that your boys have discovered the world of comics, he is going to make it his mission to introduce them to the x-men because he hates batman's rich pretty-boy alter ego: "The guy has everything going for him and he still needs to be a super hero? Cry me a river, Bruce."
ps. I have a new tagline for your blog, courtesy of Scrubs' philosophy on having children: "It's like having a dog that slowly learns to talk"
Post a Comment