Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Alone in the Parking Lot...Again

You know those weather alert radios that alarm when sever weather has been forcasted? I want a school alert radio - one that alarms whenever school has been cancelled for your immediate area. You would think that having M in afternoon preschool I would be able to take the time to look up the school closings, but no, apparently I do not possess such foresight. I wound up in the preschool parking lot alone for the second time in two weeks. I would be feeling pretty stupid by now except that since no one was there, nobody else in the world knew how uninformed I am - until I blogged about it. Honestly, I am kind of annoyed. This is Minnesota. Why are they closing the schools when it's only -2 degrees out? When I was a kid we used to go to school even though it was -30 degrees and the windchill made it -60 (this is actually true). And I had to walk ten miles in five foot deep snow, uphill both ways (not so true).

So, we had another afternoon at home, but today went better than yesterday because the boys remembered how crabby I got yesterday when they were too loud and woke T up from his nap. They played quietly and we read some books until Chris got home and then he and I tackled the office. I think we might be almost done in there, but am always shocked at how much junk we accumulate (I always chalk it up to Chris' pack-rat tendencies). I know I decluttered the entire house right before T was born (my nesting period gone wild + the influence of my friend Andrea, who has the most organized and clean house I have ever seen), but it seems to be back - and brought it's friends along with it.

Between my cleaning cram sessions I did manage to make time to play with the boys and I had a funny conversation with M. We were playing cars and out of nowhere he tells me:


I'm gonna be a Daddy soon.
Me: Really?
Yep
Me: Don't you have to be a little older to be a Daddy?
You have to be 39 or 33 0r 95. 95 is really old. I'm gonna be 95 someday, but I don't want to be 100.
Me: Why not?
Because then I'll be too big to fit in our house. I'll have to live in the Eiffle Tower or something. And I don't want to live in the Eiffle Tower. If you fall off the Eiffle Tower you can break your heart and the blood will go out of it and then you will be sad.

Yep, that's the logic of a five year old.

1 comment:

Susan Chaplin said...

I love this one (the conversation). Where DO kids get their ideas. Wouldn't you love to understand the logic of how they put ideas together.