The outside temperature finally reached above 20 degrees today so I decided it was time for a family walk in the "balmy" weather. We strapped T into the baby backpack (much to his displeasure) and got out the double stroller for the two big boys who get tired quickly. We had to listen to T cry for about ten minutes before I gave up and made Chris carry the backpack - and then he was happy. I have no idea why he preferred walking with Chris, but he did, and when something works, I don't question it. The big boys seemed to enjoy getting out of the house, and they learned a valuable lesson: don't fight in the stroller or Mommy will dump you out of it and make you walk. Can you just hear the caterwaul that ensued after that punishment? It was not so lovely but very effective.
When we got back E entertained us with his newest speech impairment. For the past two days he has been adding on extra syllables onto the ends of his words at the end of his sentences. I don't really know if he is doing it on purpose or if his brain is misfiring, but it's funny! It ends up sounding something like this: "I want to watch the Doyra (Dora) mohie (movie) with the tall mountain....en." or "Can I please have some pear.....air?" It really made us laugh - which I am sure only reinforces this silly little brain hiccup.
Since pushing two very heavy children through five inches of snow just wasn't enough exercise for me I just had to go the optional swim practice at the pool tonight (okay they're all optional, but this one is free). I mistakenly assumed that the optional practice would be easier than the regular workouts, but I was dead wrong. We swam for an hour and 35 minutes (it took longer than the slotted 90 minutes because I am so dang slow) and totaled 'bout 2 miles (that phrase is a Chaplin inside joke - ask my Dad how far anything is and he will answer: " 'bout two miles.") TWO MILES - that's like a mile and a half more than I have ever swum in my life! I decided my coach is crazy, but then on the drive home realized that I was the only person to show up for the optional second night of punishment - which leads me to deduce that I am the crazy one. Happily, I am too tired to care.
When we got back E entertained us with his newest speech impairment. For the past two days he has been adding on extra syllables onto the ends of his words at the end of his sentences. I don't really know if he is doing it on purpose or if his brain is misfiring, but it's funny! It ends up sounding something like this: "I want to watch the Doyra (Dora) mohie (movie) with the tall mountain....en." or "Can I please have some pear.....air?" It really made us laugh - which I am sure only reinforces this silly little brain hiccup.
Since pushing two very heavy children through five inches of snow just wasn't enough exercise for me I just had to go the optional swim practice at the pool tonight (okay they're all optional, but this one is free). I mistakenly assumed that the optional practice would be easier than the regular workouts, but I was dead wrong. We swam for an hour and 35 minutes (it took longer than the slotted 90 minutes because I am so dang slow) and totaled 'bout 2 miles (that phrase is a Chaplin inside joke - ask my Dad how far anything is and he will answer: " 'bout two miles.") TWO MILES - that's like a mile and a half more than I have ever swum in my life! I decided my coach is crazy, but then on the drive home realized that I was the only person to show up for the optional second night of punishment - which leads me to deduce that I am the crazy one. Happily, I am too tired to care.
No comments:
Post a Comment