Saturday, January 5, 2008

Don't Blog When You're This Crabby

Today was one of those days I would really rather forget as there was really nothing redeeming about any part of it. I felt crummy when I got up, took a nap when T did, still felt crummy when we woke up again, took a shower, heard a loud thump and then the sound of T crying, went to investigate, and found T lying at the bottom of our stairs (on the hard tile). The baby gate was closed when I got in the shower and T was in the living room playing with M. I usually take T to his crib or bring him into the bathroom with me while I shower, but I thought Chris was supervising, and I think he thought I was. We still don't really know what happened and can only guess that M decided to go downstairs, left the gate open, and T decided to follow. Thankfully, he seems to be okay and had no apparent head lacunae, but I wish Chris would have let me go get him checked out. I spent the rest of the day feeling sick and extremely guilty about T's fall, E spent the day screaming about something or other, and finally I decided to get out the house and get some exercise. Swimming did not make me feel any better - I am actually more tired and crabby than I was, so I am going to give up and go to bed. I am hopeful that tomorrow will be better - it can't be much worse right? I am thankful that T was not hurt - I think that was the only good thing about today.

No comments: