I had my second triathlon swim practice tonight, and after about an hour of swimming 100 meter sprints I started having visions of high school track practice, and remembered how much I hate feeling like I'm going to die. It's actually worse when swimming because I so desperately wanted to breathe but it wasn't time yet (in the stroke pattern) so I had to fight this physiological response the whole time (because breathing in water hurts). Despite this seemingly horrible workout I did have fun and felt good that I actually finished it (one of the other students didn't). So that was my accomplishment for the day (probably for the week too). I am starting to learn how to do those super cool looking flip turns - I only get water up my nose half the time now and can actually stay in my own lane almost every time. I've decided that taking up new sports as an adult is a very good thing - physically and mentally - and I think I will have to start a list of sports/activities I want to learn in the next couple of decades. For now that list includes (and is not in any particular order):
sailing, soccer, tennis, rock climbing, hang-gliding, and that super fun thing that looks like a cross of surfing and para-sailing (para-surfing?)
There are probably others that I just can't think of now. I have noticed that some people have a category on the side bar of their blogs listing the things they want to accomplish in their lives. I think I should make one too. That will be my goal for the week.
Our day today was pretty darn boring. Just as I was about to take T out to the car to take M to preschool (after getting both M and T changed and bundled up), I noticed that E had fallen asleep on the couch. I had a decision to make: do I wake up E to take M to preschool and face the wrath of a crabby, sleep deprived child, or do I let him sleep and deprive M the opportunity to play with his friends at school (even though a second teacher of his has been fired now and he is left with an aide as a teacher until they find a replacement!)? I chose to keep M home - the easiest course of action for me. Let's face it, I'm lazy and preschool is optional. I think M was perfectly happy to stay home and play with his Legos - he found a box of random pieces and spent the afternoon building new cars while I folded laundry and de-cluttered the master bathroom closet.
Speaking of de-cluttering - I have packed up about 12 bags full of "stuff" from the kitchen, my closet, and the bathroom closet (which I will donate to Goodwill), and you really can't even tell. I guess I can find things easier now, but you wouldn't walk into my house and say, "whoa dude, it looks empty in here!" Normally I wouldn't be that bothered about it, but I am going to be so embarrassed to have people come in and see my house when we put it on the market - not to mention my children have an uncanny ability to make the most atrocious messes at the most inconvenient time.
And speaking of children: T turned 10 months old yesterday and I didn't even remember to write about it. He learned how to sit himself up from crawling position today (still doing the army crawl), and I noticed that he can hold himself in standing position if I stand him up and give him something to hang on to. He was so proud of himself - he got this great big beautiful, effusive, ear to ear grin and laughed with glee as he was standing there holding on to the chair for dear life, and when he started slipping he looked at me in abject fear, as if asking, "what do I do now Mom?". I love that little baby.
sailing, soccer, tennis, rock climbing, hang-gliding, and that super fun thing that looks like a cross of surfing and para-sailing (para-surfing?)
There are probably others that I just can't think of now. I have noticed that some people have a category on the side bar of their blogs listing the things they want to accomplish in their lives. I think I should make one too. That will be my goal for the week.
Our day today was pretty darn boring. Just as I was about to take T out to the car to take M to preschool (after getting both M and T changed and bundled up), I noticed that E had fallen asleep on the couch. I had a decision to make: do I wake up E to take M to preschool and face the wrath of a crabby, sleep deprived child, or do I let him sleep and deprive M the opportunity to play with his friends at school (even though a second teacher of his has been fired now and he is left with an aide as a teacher until they find a replacement!)? I chose to keep M home - the easiest course of action for me. Let's face it, I'm lazy and preschool is optional. I think M was perfectly happy to stay home and play with his Legos - he found a box of random pieces and spent the afternoon building new cars while I folded laundry and de-cluttered the master bathroom closet.
Speaking of de-cluttering - I have packed up about 12 bags full of "stuff" from the kitchen, my closet, and the bathroom closet (which I will donate to Goodwill), and you really can't even tell. I guess I can find things easier now, but you wouldn't walk into my house and say, "whoa dude, it looks empty in here!" Normally I wouldn't be that bothered about it, but I am going to be so embarrassed to have people come in and see my house when we put it on the market - not to mention my children have an uncanny ability to make the most atrocious messes at the most inconvenient time.
And speaking of children: T turned 10 months old yesterday and I didn't even remember to write about it. He learned how to sit himself up from crawling position today (still doing the army crawl), and I noticed that he can hold himself in standing position if I stand him up and give him something to hang on to. He was so proud of himself - he got this great big beautiful, effusive, ear to ear grin and laughed with glee as he was standing there holding on to the chair for dear life, and when he started slipping he looked at me in abject fear, as if asking, "what do I do now Mom?". I love that little baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment