Another first in the Mickelson household...M experienced his first day of playing hooky! We got back from our ECFE class this morning and M told me he was tired (imagine that!) and didn't want to go to school. Considering how I was feeling bad yesterday about how much time M spends at school, I decided to let my little man stay home. He had a great time playing with E and reading books in his room, and I was glad I had decided to allow the downtime.
T spent the afternoon running in circles in his Johnny Jump Up, mimetic of how his big brother M used to. We had a great video of M running and running around in circles, which it turns out, was a very good predictor of his later energy level. If it turns out T has that same amount of energy I feel very sorry for myself - but I'm sure it will serve him well throughout his life. I tried to get some video of T jumping, but every time he saw me with the camera he just stopped and stared - makes for good photos but bad video.
After bath time tonight E asked me if he could rest in my bed (this is at 6:30pm) and promptly fell asleep...with the light on and T shrieking (with happiness) in the background. Poor little E, he just can't keep up with his big brother and his endless energy...but he sure tries hard.
As for me, when Chris got home this afternoon, I walked myself across the street to my neighbor's house to get my hair cut. I think she does a wonderful job and she only charges $15 - not to mention I didn't have to get in my car or wait for an appointment. I sure am going to miss all that when I move!
At the gym tonight I signed myself up for a once a week triathlon swimming course that starts tomorrow. I'm a little freaked out that the class is 90 minutes long because for the past 18 weeks I have only been swimming for 30 minutes. I hope I don't die, and I hope the coach is nice to us.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
My Very Own Little Energizer Bunnies
Posted by
Alison
at
9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment