We spent today up in "The City", aka, San Francisco. When we got there everything was completely shrouded in fog, but we visited the Farmer's Market, ate some lunch, and bought some fresh produce for dinner tonight. T and I enjoyed a smoked mozzarella and sweet red pepper tamale. He loved it and ate almost half - leaving me hungry enough to go buy some pears and fresh coffee. As we were leaving, Becky and I found a booth that was selling olive trees. Becky mentioned that she and Danny would really love to have an olive tree, so she went home with one as a housewarming gift for their new house. I hope that someday she and I will be able to make our own orange infused olive oil (another thing I saw and wanted to buy but didn't) from some of her oranges and olives.
M and E spent the time at the Farmer's Market well - they chased girls and birds - and they caught one of both. While I was feeding T the birds were flocking around us - there was a lot of food going on the ground. M took advantage of their preoccupation with the food and tried to grab one - and ended up stepping on one instead. He was so excited that he had actually caught a bird - after years of trying and failing, he finally did it...by accident. But, it made his day, and he was still talking about it at bedtime tonight. He also met a little girl while Becky and I were olive tree shopping and had a great time running around the pier with her.
After the farmer's market we headed to Crissy Field by the Golden Gate Bridge. It was still very foggy when we got there but the fog lifted before we left and I got some very nice pictures - that is, if you consider the picture of my two boys who smile like Chandler on Friends, nice.
Another big event of the day: Chris found an abandoned crab on the pier and brought it over to show the boys. A nearby seagull was very interested in his find and hoovered nearby until we walked away, and then we got a little biology lesson on how seagulls eat crabs. M thought it was so cool. I felt bad for the crab.
M and E spent the time at the Farmer's Market well - they chased girls and birds - and they caught one of both. While I was feeding T the birds were flocking around us - there was a lot of food going on the ground. M took advantage of their preoccupation with the food and tried to grab one - and ended up stepping on one instead. He was so excited that he had actually caught a bird - after years of trying and failing, he finally did it...by accident. But, it made his day, and he was still talking about it at bedtime tonight. He also met a little girl while Becky and I were olive tree shopping and had a great time running around the pier with her.
After the farmer's market we headed to Crissy Field by the Golden Gate Bridge. It was still very foggy when we got there but the fog lifted before we left and I got some very nice pictures - that is, if you consider the picture of my two boys who smile like Chandler on Friends, nice.
Another big event of the day: Chris found an abandoned crab on the pier and brought it over to show the boys. A nearby seagull was very interested in his find and hoovered nearby until we walked away, and then we got a little biology lesson on how seagulls eat crabs. M thought it was so cool. I felt bad for the crab.
M, Becky, E, Chris, and me (Alison)
This was actually taken by my sister - but it was on my camera so I consider it fair blogging game.



1 comment:
wow. Sounds like such a fun day! Love the photos. I feel like I just went on a little SF adventure without leaving my chair. :) THanks!
Post a Comment