I went to church with Grandma and Wanda this morning. I don't think I have been to that church for years, but it looked just as I remembered it, and apparently Grandma has told the Reverends all about her family, because they knew all about me and my boys - talk about a warm welcome. I was glad to see how many people came up to Grandma to offer their condolences and hugs - it is obvious that she and Grandpa have been an inspiration to many people over the years, and that these people will help to support her though this difficult time.
Chris and I took the boys over to my favorite park to let the boys run off some energy. It was an absolutely beautiful day - sunny and in the 60's. When we got out of the car I asked M if he wanted his jacket and he said, "No! It's summertime here!" It did feel like it, and all the people running around in shorts can confuse a person. The boys had a great time on the merry go round - which we have never seen at a park at home - I guess they are too dangerous? It was great for M because he just ran around and around in circles, unable to jump on, and consequently tired himself out quite nicely. I may just have to buy one to put in my yard! T loved the swings. I think he got to swing a few times last fall just as he was starting to be able to hold his head up, but he is the perfect age right now. He laughed and laughed, and then shrieked with joy every time I pushed him. Everyone looked over to see the baby who was having the time of his life - because a happy baby is just an irresistible thing - and hearing a baby laugh can make anyone feel good. We had a family lupper (lunch/supper) at my Uncle Paul's house, ate ourselves silly, enjoyed the wonderful views, and came home exhausted. Grandma went to bed immediately after getting home, so I know she is resting up for the hard week ahead. I am planning on spending most of the week working with her to get some of the most urgent things done - I don't know what that will be yet because she told me she wouldn't be ready to think about it until Monday. I am awaiting my orders.
No comments:
Post a Comment