I finally got off my lazy bum today and took my poor children to school. I can see why the school districts have to offer school bus services - my kids would only make it to school 75% of the time if they had to depend on me for transportation - at least that's how often they are making it right now. I had a hard time convincing M that he needed to go to school today because he is so used to "taking the day off". How terrible is that! He was very happy to be there once I got him there, and E walked right into his preschool without looking back. Then I had two hours to do whatever I wanted, with just T for company. We had a great time shopping and stopped off for coffee and cheerios before we had to head back to reality. I think he enjoyed all the mommy attention, and I could tell E also had a good time just by looking at his face when the teacher brought him out to the van. He was beaming - a great big, huge, ear to ear smile - and he was carrying a very large art project - he told me, "I made some-hing for you Mommy!" He was so proud of himself for going to preschool all by himself - just like his big brother. I was proud of him too.
Both boys fell asleep within 30 seconds of getting back in the car, so when I got home I had two very heavily sleeping children. They slept hard for the next two hours until I had to wake them up to go get M - resulting in two very crabby children - I hate that - another reason a school bus would be nice.
The rest of my evening seems to have passed with a blur - I got nothing done, I am tired, and I'm not sure what the purpose of today was. I feel like life is composed of dull monotony interspersed with a few unusual, interesting, or fun events. I guess this is the post-vacation let down? What a drag man. At least tomorrow is Friday and I plan on making some fresh bread in the morning and homemade pizza for dinner (on a new thin crust recipe).
Both boys fell asleep within 30 seconds of getting back in the car, so when I got home I had two very heavily sleeping children. They slept hard for the next two hours until I had to wake them up to go get M - resulting in two very crabby children - I hate that - another reason a school bus would be nice.
The rest of my evening seems to have passed with a blur - I got nothing done, I am tired, and I'm not sure what the purpose of today was. I feel like life is composed of dull monotony interspersed with a few unusual, interesting, or fun events. I guess this is the post-vacation let down? What a drag man. At least tomorrow is Friday and I plan on making some fresh bread in the morning and homemade pizza for dinner (on a new thin crust recipe).
2 comments:
It's like you read my mind. The days seem so long and monotonous after several days of visiting and doing all sorts of new things. I found myself organizing my scrapbooking supplies today because I was so bored with the mundane tasks of life. I've only been home three days and it was only a weekend trip. Sheesh.
YAY! Pizza night! I can't wait to get home and hang out with all of you! Put the drudgery aside and lets get the kids wound up on root beer, pile all of us on the couch, down some pizza and popcorn and have a family movie night as well! Man, do I love Fridays!!!
Post a Comment