Sunday, January 6, 2008

We Have A Guardian Angel

I must have gotten some decent sleep last night because I felt oh so much better today. T lived through the night and awoke this morning acting chipper and without any evidence of a head bleed. Thank goodness! I can't believe he managed to fall down a six foot tall flight of stairs onto hard tile and not even have a bruise to show for it. We were very lucky and I am thankful. He must have a guardian angel, and whoever she is, she was on top of her game yesterday. In other T news: after a week of chewing on everything in sight the child is finally getting his eighth tooth.

It was warm today but foggy and gray outside, so I didn't venture out until after dinner when I went for my run (which was really more of a walk because I was tired again). Chris took M out to play remote control trucks in the snow, and they must have had a great time because they were out there for almost two hours. I did manage to accomplish one of my goals for the weekend - I cleaned out the entry way closet so that it will be presentable when we put the house on the market. I must have boxed up six boxes worth of shoes, coats, and miscellaneous paraphernalia, and the closet is still half full! Just think how nice my house will look if I can do that in every room and closet in the house. I'm thinking about just giving away everything I box up ahead of time and then I will only have to move what we actually use every day...just don't tell Chris about my plan - he's a bit of a pack rat and hates it when I throw/give stuff away.

This evening I spent quite a while reading all the new books we got for Christmas with the boys. I think the one they liked the best (according to how many times I had to read it) was "Where is Coco Going?" by Sloane Tanen. The other books we read had more interesting stories, but the boys LOVED this one. I don't know if it was the pictures or if it was because the words and story were simple enough that even E was able to read it. Whenever E would have trouble with a word, M was right there to offer his assistance. I think this story time was one of my most enjoyable moments of the entire weekend. Of course, anything beats listening to your nine month old baby fall down the stairs.

No comments: