Friday, January 18, 2008

One Last Beautiful Sunny Day

Our last day in sunny California was a beautiful one. I think the high today was 65 degrees, and I appreciated every moment of it. I ate my breakfast and lunch outside and did some errands with Grandma and Becky in a short sleeved shirt. It was so wonderful. I think I may have managed to soak up enough vitamin D to last me the next few weeks of winter in Minnesota.

Chris took the boys to a amusement like park called Happy Hollow that I remember going to as a child. We've taken the boys there a couple of times before so I think they may have remembered it, and it sounds like they enjoyed it today. Really, it was so nice out they probably would have enjoyed doing just about anything. E woke up yesterday morning asking us, "what we doing today - going to the city, the beach, or the park?" I think he's had a good vacation.

While Chris, M, and E were gone, Becky and I got to go for our run (one of the things I was looking forward to most about this trip), we bought the book I wanted at B&N, I bought some bulk spices while Grandma was at the grocery store (which I'm super excited about), and we had some quiet time to talk while the boys were away. I love my sister. I'm sad we have to spend so much of the year apart, so I'm working on a plan for the future that would allow me to spend more time here with her. Maybe I can find a vacation home I can rent a few months out of the year. The boys don't really need to go to school, right?

My cousin Jack comes to Grandma's house after school and stayed for dinner tonight. While all the adults talked he showed my boys how to build a fort, and not just any fort, but the most fabulous fort I have ever seen. It must have taken him 30 minutes to build, but the boys loved it, and were very careful not to break it, although that would have been hard to do since it was very well constructed. He spent the evening running, playing squirt guns, monster, and in the tent with M and E, and by the time he left they were exhausted. E was asleep within two minutes. I imagine I will be hearing a lot about wanting to play with Jack for many months to come.

No comments: