I had a pretty great uneventful day today. I am still feeling tired (like I'm trying to fight off a bug), so I took a vacation from my usual duties and just played with the boys and read my book. I think the boys were quite pleased that I was spending so much time just watching them play. They kept looking over at me making sure I was still paying attention...and I was. I was really enjoying watching their cute mannerisms and their budding personalities as they made their Lego people talk and their cars race. I had an especially great time when M went to preschool. I popped in a movie (Dora has become a favorite again) for E and let T play with toys on the floor while I snuggled up under a warm blanket and read. (I am really enjoying this Polar Shift book - it's a fantastic adventure - and apparently it's part of a larger series - which I am very excited about.)
Despite all the free time I get when M goes to school, I am starting to wish I wasn't sending M to preschool every afternoon because it makes our days go so fast and I don't want my babies to grow up any faster than they already are. I had been thinking that all day kindergarten was what I really wanted M to do next year, but I think I have changed my mind, and I am only putting E in preschool two days a week (where originally I was thinking three or more days) - but I'm getting ahead of myself. I can't be thinking about schools until I have a school district in which to live...and that's still a long way off. I am getting our house packed up little by little. I packed two boxes in the kitchen tonight and have plans to do a few more before bed. I would like to have the kitchen cleaned out and shined up before we leave for California on Friday, and then when we come back I can start on my bedroom - and my closet (yikes!).
Cute kid saying of the day: Tonight I was butting heads with M over him wanting to sword fight with my vacuum cleaner attachments. I told him that he was still young and didn't always know what was dangerous, so it was still my job to help keep him safe (and therefore take the sword away). He told me, "but I have a lot of thinks in my head." Isn't there a Dr. Suess book that talks about the thinks? Oh here it is, after a short Google search I found it...it's almost like he had read it recently - but I don't think he has - unless they read it at school.
In other kid news: Chris and I just noticed tonight that E can say his "s" sound. So, now he can say "socks" instead of "hocks", and "cereal" instead of "hereal". It's great, but it's kind of the end of an era, and I'm a little sad about it. He's just not a little boy anymore. He's a big three year old, and he's changing and growing up every day - sometimes so fast I can actually see it happening.
Monday, January 7, 2008
A Five Year Old Quotes Dr. Seuss...Without Meaning To
Posted by
Alison
at
9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww...they ARE growing up. Sad and exciting all at the same time. When is your moving date?
We will be moving at the end of June - we may be living in a cardboard box in my parent's back yard until our house here sells, but we will be back in the Twin Cities by the beginning of July.
Post a Comment