Thursday, January 10, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Today E had his FIRST day of preschool! I had to drop M off at his preschool first at noon and then I hightailed it across town to drop E off at 12:15. I was pretty sure he would balk at having to go in all alone, (we have always gone in together in the past - for the regular ECFE class), but he was excited when he saw the building and went running in and gave the teacher a huge hug when he saw her. I have to admit, this is a very special teacher - I want to run and hug her every time I see her too - that's just the effect she has on people. With both E and M out of my hair for two glorious hours, I had some shopping to do! I took T with me to the new Super Target, bought some groceries (in record time), and then treated us to a Light White Berry at Caribou Coffee (T will get his tonight via his milk). We had a lovely time at the coffee shop listening to music, reading books, reading the newspaper, chewing on the newspaper (T more than me), and just spending some time alone together. When I picked E up at 2pm he was so happy and proud of himself for being such a big boy and going to his very own preschool. Judging by the look on the teacher's face when she brought him out to me, she had just as much fun as those kids did. I am going to have to think of something nice to do for that wonderful woman - you just don't meet many people like her.

We spent the evening having dinner with friends and are now in the process of packing and cleaning up the house. I'm tired and want to go to bed but there is so much to do before we leave tomorrow! I'm thinking of just givng up tonight and getting up early tomorrow - I can get so much more done when I'm fully caffeinated.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! M and E are growing up so fast I can't believe it. I'm glad E liked preschool so well and glad you could have a break. We're looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Randy's picking up pizza, the same kind we had and all liked when you were here a while ago. Drive carefully!