When we woke up this morning it was bright and sunny, and it was getting warm outside. I knew immediately that today was a beach day. Even though the water temperature is in the 50's and the boys wouldn't be able to go in I knew they would have a wonderful time making sand castles and monster truck tracks (like we used to do in Jacksonville), chasing the birds, running away from the waves, and climbing on the rocks. Before we could take them out to Santa Cruz Chris and I had to get some exercise. We took the boys and Grandma out to the Los Gatos creek trail and took turns running and playing with the boys at the playground. Grandma took T for a walk and I think he really enjoyed the quiet time with her. I enjoyed the run all by myself in the bright sun surrounded by mothers with their $500 jogging strollers who were oblivious to the miracle of running outside in shorts in January. I enjoyed every second of it.
After a Grandma fixed five course lunch Chris took the boys to the beach while I took a nap with T. I decided I had seen the ocean yesterday and what I really needed after staying up late for four nights and going without my daily nap for the past six days, was a nap with my baby. Now that's the way to spend an afternoon on vacation. Chris said M and E had a great time doing all the things I thought they would, and he had the pictures to prove it. They came home tired and hungry. E fell asleep on the couch during dinner, but I couldn't blame him because the power had gone out and there wasn't much else for him to do.Obviously the power did come back on (or I wouldn't be typing this right now), but not before I went outside to investigate what was going on. I met some of the neighbors and concluded that it was affecting the whole street, and in the middle of my conversation I saw a huge bright white light light up the horizon to the south, and they heard a very loud pop. My first instinct was that there had been a bomb (which is weird considering I have never seen or heard a real bomb), but it wasn't. I still don't know what happened, but the power came back on about 30 minutes later. In the meantime, we had a candlelight dinner and M was forced to come talk with us because he was too scared to play alone in the dark.
1 comment:
It sounds so perfect there! I am so glad you are able to enjoy yourselves. If I were you guys, I don't think I would ever come back here....it is going to get to a "high" of -3 on my birthday, Saturday. Gee whiz....
Love your blog, and especially all the AWESOME pics!!!
Post a Comment