My baby E is three years old today! I don't know where the time has gone and think it's amazing how a baby can develop into such a neat little boy brimming with personality in three short years. I remember this day three years ago and how it was one of the best days of my life (along with M's birth day and my wedding day). I remember the long wait for the OR, the relaxed atmosphere during the surgery, looking up at the ceiling tile while hearing the precious first cry of a brand new baby, the anesthesiologist saying, "he's beautiful" with real sincerity, holding my perfect little E for the first time (I cried), being wheeled out to recovery holding my little bundle in my arms and feeling like the luckiest woman in the world, and being so happy to see my mom and Chris' mom show up when E was less than 30 minutes old (those were two very excited Grandmas). I remember being so tired (and itchy from the morphine) while family visited the rest of that evening, all of them eager to hold baby E for the first time and thinking that I could be patient because I would get to hold him the rest of the night - and I was right - that little bugger nursed every fifteen minutes for the entire night. I still remember how my brand new little E smelled so sweet and wonderful and how I wanted that day to last forever. But, of course, time passes, and he has grown up and instead of being a sweet little baby he is now an interesting, energetic, loving, and imaginative little boy, and I am so proud of him. I think he had a good birthday today. After we dropped M off at preschool, I took E to lunch at his favorite place - Panera, and we took our food to visit Daddy at work. When Chris got home E finished opening his presents and cards and had some birthday cake. The boys and Dad are busy now building the Batcave - and I believe they will be at it for a while - it has 1075 pieces.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, E! We're so sorry we couldn't be there with you today, but we can't wait to see you in a few days!! love, the godmother and the godfather
Post a Comment