Thursday, November 22, 2007

We Are Thankful

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I asked M what he was thankful for as we were getting packed up this morning, and after an explanation of what thankful meant he had a few answers for me. He said he was thankful for "underwear (?why?), cereal, our baby T, legos, teachers, root beer, a fireplace because it keeps us warm, and Hot Wheels on my computer." If you look at his list in general terms, I think he and I are thankful for many of the same things: clothes to keep us warm, food to eat, sweet babies, things that make us happy, people that influence us and change us for the better, tasty treats, staying warm on a cold winter day, and entertainment. As a parent I am also thankful for my children, my loving family, my health and the health of my loved ones, that I have a house, a safe community in which to live, and my super comfy running pants :) That's a pretty wonderful list of blessings and I feel like a pretty lucky person to have been given so much.
We are heading up north for the weekend with my parents and Becky and Danny to cozy up in a cabin and take some hikes. I hope the weather cooperates so the boys can hike with us, but if it doesn't, I have lots of warm clothes for them and both running strollers (so they can bundle up under a warm blankie while the adults work off the turkey day gorge fest). So, I'm off to the Big Woods for a few days and will hope to update the blog when I get back.

1 comment:

Blessed By 8 said...

What a lovely weekend for you guys...Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!