I can't believe that my life is so exciting that the first thing I think of to write is about laundry. I really do need to get a life. Today I accomplished my goal of starting and finishing one load of laundry. I actually folded it and put it away. Never mind the five or more dirty loads waiting in the laundry room. I got one load completely finished. And I made dinner for one of Chris' coworkers that just had her first baby. After all that, I was too tired to make a separate dinner for my family so we had frozen enchiladas (which I had made a while ago for that very purpose). Thus, I have learned two very important principles as a stay at home mom. 1) Do a little bit every day of one job and finish it! 2) Make double of favorite recipes and freeze for the nights you're too tired to cook. It's only taken me four years to figure that out. Imagine what I will learn in the next four.
M was feeling well enough to go to school today although he tells me every day that "he doesn't like to go to school every day." I told him that he is too young to not want to go to school.
E had a tizzy fit over wanting to go to the bagel store (aka Panera) and when I made him some cinnamon toast (which is basically like a cinnamon crunch bagel, right?) he turned his nose up at it and was never seen again. (He went downstairs and fell asleep).
T was super duper cute today. He was saying, "Da da da da da da da da da" all evening long. I wonder if he actually knows what he is saying because he would look at C when he was saying it. He is sitting really well now and can sit in the kitchen and play with my utensils while I make lunch and dinner. Every once in a while I will hear a loud thump - his head hitting the floor as he falls over. He doesn't cry though, and I just keep sitting him up. I figure one of these days he will either just stay upright or end up with a dented head.
I had a great time swimming tonight. I try to hit the pool three nights a week in preparation for my triathlon next summer, and I finally feel like I am getting the hang of it. I'm not flailing as much and I am actually really enjoying it!
Considering how mundane today was, it was a really good day. You gotta love that.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Day Two of the Laundry Saga
Posted by
Alison
at
8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Considering I'm thinking about blogging about my clean house (it's cleaning day), I think laundry is a perfectly acceptable topic! :)
The swimming sounds awesome! I do water aerobics once in a while, but swimming with no floats, and getting my face in the water--I have to be REALLY motivated to do that! :)
I think you had a GREAT day! I had the whole day off, and didn't get anything done. Trust me, I have a ton of stuff to do, don't know what's wrong with me. Oh well, at least I got clean sheets put on S & E's bed for them later tonight. I did pick up a few groceries, but supper was made at the store, I'm just warming it up!
L.
your blog is not only informative but highly entertaining. you might have a future as a writer for tv comedy.
i heard a reference to having you mom come down for a laundry session. you know things are always more fun when more than one person is involved... why not a folding party?
I agree with Susan...your blogs are the highlights of my days! You are a very talented writer!!!
Thank you so much for sharing everyday...now it DOES feel like you are living just next door!:o)
Post a Comment