I had forgotten how much fun it is to jump into a huge pile of leaves until today. Grandpa M raked up all the leaves in his back yard into a great big pile, C hid inside it, and we brought the boys back to see it. I was expecting the boys to scream when he jumped out, but they just laughed and joined him in the pile playing "leaf monster" and "hide from Mommy." Our yard at home has three little trees, so we don't get much in the way of leaves on the ground, so this was the first time the boys have gotten to do what I spent my fall childhood days doing. I remember how much fun it was to launch yourself into a big, fluffy looking pile, only to hit the ground almost as hard as if the pile wasn't even there. Then there was the accidental leaf eating, spiders crawling on your shirt, and twigs stuck in the hair. Oh, the fun of youth. Luckily, C proved to me that you are never too old to jump in and play with a leaf pile. I may just have to join in next time.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
The Joys of a Leaf Pile
Posted by
Alison
at
3:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh! Sounds like so much fun! Ayla and I played in the leaves this weekend too. She loved it. So did I. :)
Post a Comment