I was teaching M about punctuation tonight. I probably spent ten minutes explaining about how a sentence would sound with an exclamation point on the end, a question mark, a period, and what a comma does. He listened closely and when I was done he had only one question; "Can I go poopey now?" I am guessing that is one lesson down the drain (ha ha). Despite this apparent disinterest I do have to say that I am impressed with how quickly children learn.
Yesterday I lectured M about how I hate it when he comes running out of his classroom and pushes E down (every day!). Today we were walking out to the car and he yelled, "hey Mom, aren't you glad I didn't push E down?" I frankly hadn't noticed but I was very glad that he had remembered. Then, E was crying on the way home about wanting to go see Daddy and M told him, "you better stop crying or Mommy will make you ride on the roof (a silly threat from a month before - but apparently it sunk in). E stopped crying and we had a nice quiet ride home. You gotta love it when kids actually listen to you - or are scared enough of your punishments to behave well.
I spent the day today making dinner for another neighbor who had a baby last week (this time I made double so my family had dinner too), and shopping for groceries for the big meal on Thursday. I am making my Grandma's sweet potato casserole, two loaves of bread, and cranberry relish (with cranberries grown by a local farmer) to bring to my Mom's house. I managed to find a free range turkey in a local organic food store - for only $25! My sister will be so proud.
A short update from Wednesday morning: last night as I was leaving to go to the pool I told the boys goodbye. M ran over to give me a hug and a kiss, E yelled, "bye Mommy", and T said, "ba ba Mum." Obviously it was just a coincidence that he happened to make those particular noises at that specific time, but I like to think he was telling me goodbye. It sent me off to the cold pool feeling all warm and happy.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
They Actually Listen!
Posted by
Alison
at
6:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your boys never cease to crack me up. So smart! Have a Happy T-day!
Post a Comment