I got to sleep in until 9am for the second day in a row today! I would be totally caught up on my sleep if it weren’t for the staying up to talk with Becky and Danny until 11pm last night and tonight. We went to a State Park today and went for a hike and then I went for a run with Becky and Danny while the boys ran and played with Grandma and Grandpa. E finally learned how to jump out and scare us on the trail. When we felt
we had enough exercise and fresh air we headed back to the cabin for lunch and the boys spent the afternoon jumping on their beds (I okayed this activity because it’s really the only thing they can do to get all their energy out in such a small cabin), watching a movie, and playing Lego trains. Even Danny got in on the Lego action and built his first Lego Batmobile. I took a dip in the hot tub with Mom and had a nice talk with her about life, family, and the future. After dinner and wine, we all sat
around the crackling fireplace sharing stories from the past months and catching up on each other’s lives. I think of my sister often during the year, but don’t really miss her until I see her again, and then when she goes home I have to go through withdrawal all over again. I hope someday I can live closer to my wonderful, intelligent, interesting, beautiful sister so I can learn from her and share more of my life with her.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Hiking With My Family
Posted by
Alison
at
11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment