Sunday, November 25, 2007

And the Christmas Season Starts!

Three days in a row! I slept in until 9am. I am now officially well rested although my boys aren’t. They typically have a hard time sleeping when we are away from home, especially when there are fun people around (like a Grandma and Grandpa). They got up early to play Legos with Chris while Grandma made them waffles. We took another hike today near the cabin and managed to walk to the top of ski hill and enjoy the view of Gull Lake from the “air“. We were able to finish off most of the Thanksgiving leftovers except for some stuffing we left at home. I think I will have to make another (smaller) Thanksgivingesque dinner so we can do the leftovers all over again. They just didn’t last long enough. I think the boys had a good time this weekend, and they did a great job of entertaining themselves mostly without the use of technology. They jumped on their beds for exercise, built Legos, told stories (because I forgot books), and played at the playground next door. I am proud of them for entertaining themselves so well at the cabin and in the car, and for all the hiking they did mostly without complaint.

This evening my sister and I decorated our parent’s Christmas Tree, we watched a slide show of my parent’s trip around the world on my Dad's new flat panel 52 inch HDTV (Wow!), ate persimmon pudding, and drank Mexican hot chocolate (thanks to Becky and Danny's culinary expertise). I convinced Chris to stay with us so we are going to have to drive home at 6am tomorrow morning to get him home for work!

2 comments:

Blessed By 8 said...

Oh my gosh! I can hardly stand it! Your whole perfect weekend sounds like something that only happens in books...or when Martha Stewart is in charge! :o)

Susan Chaplin said...

I think this was the most idyllic vacation ever--kind of a combination of Christmas and Thanksgiving combined with all of us together, new toys to play with, and LOTS of food! Your stories captured it well.