Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thar She Blows!

Sometimes I scare my kids. This morning was one of those times. I was trying so hard to get ready to leave to go visit family that I will admit I was getting a little hysterical. I was running around the house frantically packing and shouting directions to anyone in earshot. Both older boys were kind of just staring in shock that I was actually running in the house (one of the things I am always telling them to stop doing). As I was loading the dirty dishes in the dishwasher M walked up to me, started patting my leg, and said, "What's wrong Mommy? It's okay Mommy, don't be angry. Daddy is just being a little bit naughty." (Poor C wasn't even in the house to defend himself - and hadn't done anything wrong). E is also very sensitive to my mood. I cut my finger a few days ago and E said, "you have an owie on you? I gonna kiss it. There all better." And then there was the time I was so upset with myself for losing my car keys and was unable to take the boys to their first day of school. I was crying by the car trying to collect my thoughts so I could retrace where I had put the elusive keys. M took my face in his hands and very seriously said, "Don't worry Mommy, we can call Daddy, he will know what to do." I thought that was pretty good advice for a four year old. So, I did call Daddy, and he did know just what to do. Turns out I have a hide-a-key. Who knew? I think it's pretty interesting that I usually consider the boys to be tuned out to adult problems, but they really do pay attention and are aware what's going on with the important people in their lives. We just don't give them enough credit.
After I got done with my packing and cleaning emotional spewage we did manage to get in the car, drive to C's parent's house, see Aunt S and Uncle E, and take the kids to the park (dragging E with the short little legs all the way). Tomorrow I get to go to my first professional soccer game!

No comments: