Today is soccer day! (M is the one in the blue shorts in the picture). Every Friday morning for the next six weeks I have the boys signed up to play for two hours at an indoor field called Soccer World. The program is for kids ages 3-5, so I was excited that both boys could play together. M couldn't get in there fast enough, but I couldn't convince E to try it. Usually he wants to do EVERYTHING big brother does, so this surprised me, but I didn't want to be one of those parents that sit on the sidelines begging or pleading their child to join in. So, we just sat and watched, and E screamed for a bottle of Gatorade. I didn't buy it. (Mom 1, Kid 0). As for M, we have finally found an activity that puts his high energy level to good use. He ran for 45 minutes and never stopped. I was actually pretty impressed with him. I think he is for sure better than I would be (which isn't saying a whole lot). He even scored a goal when they scrimmaged! He was so proud of himself he ran down the field with his arms in the air (kind of like they do in the Olympics when they score the game winning goal). I guess we all have to start somewhere. But, I was proud of him too. Maybe I will convince E to play next week.
Poor E is trying so hard to transition out of needing naps. He was not successful today. He must have really tired himself out screaming at soccer because when I got up from quiet time (reading in my room while T napped) I found E asleep on the stairs. I had left him playing quietly in his room and told him he could take a nap in his bed or up in my bed if he wanted to. I guess he was waiting for Daddy to come home or something. He had a carpet imprint on his face when he woke up, but he must have gotten a decent nap because he was a much happier boy the rest of the afternoon. I remember as a baby E could sleep anywhere too, so this is not a new skill. I actually took him to a movie when he was 5 weeks old and he slept right through it. I haven't been brave enough to try that with T - he only sleeps in his crib.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Soccer and Sleep
Posted by
Alison
at
12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment