Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An Emerging Personality

We bought our Christmas Tree today, and it was a quick experience because it was COLD outside. When I took the boys to class this morning my thermometer on the van said 14 degrees! We had our fall jackets on and had left the hats and gloves at home with the winter coats. It got slightly warmer during the day so M was able to play outside at preschool, but by the time we got to the tree lot after dinner the sun had gone down and any warmth it had given us during the day was long gone. I think we were there all of ten minutes, and I have never been less choosey about the tree I wanted. I just wanted to get back home (where it was warm) and hang the lights. My Dad bought new tree lights this year - C7 bulbs that blink at random intervals (just like the ones we had when I was little). He gave some to me, so I had a great time hanging three strings of those as well as four more strings of the smaller twinkle lights. Chris was skeptical about the C7 bulbs, but after seeing the tree lit up, I think he liked it. The boys are going to help us put the ornaments up tomorrow evening - they were too tired tonight to do anything but go to bed, although E did help with the lights for a bit before he got all tangled up in them.

Little T surprised me today at E's early childhood class. I put him down on the floor next to me and another baby his age crawled over to him. He started screaming with happiness, talking his baby talk, and making all kinds of cute noises at her. The little girl smiled at him and did her "so big" routine. He took this as encouragement and continued the show. She reciprocated, and this little exchange continued for 15 minutes until he tried to grab her and she got scared away. I can't believe what a little flirt he is! I've never seen him be so personable or animated before. It's exciting to watch him become a little boy.

No comments: