Sunday, November 18, 2007

Spa Night

My parents spent the night last night so I got to sleep in this morning while Mom and Dad played with E, the early riser. The boys didn't go to bed until 10pm last night so I don't know why E woke up when he did, I guess he has the same internal alarm that Chris complains about - he wakes up at 6am on weekends even when he doesn't have to go in to work. I have never had such a ridiculous problem and can sleep anytime, anywhere, and for as long as I can get away with. We did a little shopping this morning and then spent the rest of the day doing some cleaning, a lot of playing, and spent the evening at the "spa."
The boys love it when I get in the jacuzzi tub with them (with my swimsuit on). We decided to go all out tonight and light some candles, turn on Loreena McKennitt, put in some bubble bath, and get the Lego boats (that really float). They thought the candles were a very special touch, and I thought it was sweet how E kept cuddling up to me saying, "I like you Mommy." After a while M told me, "let's put the boats away and just talk." So we talked about Legos, batman, numbers, and words. After an hour of this he observed that his fingers were really wrinkled and E decided he was hungry. M blew out the candles one by one and that was the end of our spa night. I have to say that the rest of our evening was much nicer than usual. The boys had their cereal, we read three books, and E put himself to bed. M said he wanted to wait quietly downstairs for Daddy to get home. This was the nicest evening I have ever had at home alone with the kids so I am going to have to do spa night more often. Disclamer: No, tub pictured here is not of the jacuzzi tub in my bathroom...yet.

2 comments:

Susan Chaplin said...

Now I wish we had stayed--that sounds like a really fun time, talking with the boys in the tub! And I thought that WAS your bathroom, but couldn't figure out where that window was??

Andrea S. said...

What a fun idea! Someday when I have a jaccuzi tub and a giant bathroom like the one you pictured, maybe we'll start that tradition! For now, Ayla plays in the tub all alone...don't worry, I sit right nearby! :)