Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Early Christmas Present

Well, today I received a very nice phone call from the head of the anesthesia group at Minneapolis Children's Hospital. They offered me the job as a pediatric anesthesiologist starting next summer in Minneapolis!! Ali, the boys, and I are all excited as it means a great job doing what I love, decent pay, and the opportunity to be back in the Twin Cities close to family. M and E were quite excited to hear that they will be able to live even closer to their Grandpas and Grandmas and wanted to move there today. I'm sure there are parts of Rochester that we will all miss -- the great friends that we have made, the great neighbors, and the lack of traffic. However, if we are smart about house-hunting we can hopefully find something close to my new job and somewhere in between both of our families so that spur-of-the-moment visits are possible. The endless opportunities for fun family activities in the Cities will be great -- I expect many trips to the MN Zoo, the Mall of America, Underwater World, the Como Zoo, the Children's Museum, the Science Museum, the Missippi River Boulevard running trail, and on and on. As I look out the window writing this, I am seeing the first few flakes of snow beginning to fall. The snow, and this amazing early Christmas gift are getting me excited for the rest of this wonderful time of year!

3 comments:

Andrea S. said...

How wonderful!!! Congratulations Chris (and the rest of the fam!) I know M'polis has been a first choice for a while. I'm so excited for all of you!

Blessed By 8 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How very exciting for all of you!!!!! All of your hard work and sacrifice is going to be so very worth it...that's just FANTASTIC!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations Chris and Ali! You BOTH did it! We are THRILLED that our grandchildren will be closer to us! We were worried that you might move far away and we would not get to go to their ball games, school programs, and watch them grow up. This is going to be GREAT!