Okay, so I am not totally alone - I do have three little boys here with me. Chris is moonlighting this weekend and we chose to stay home and just go visit him tomorrow. For now, he seems to be enjoying the free cable and browsing the internet while getting paid. I hope it continues for him. The boys and I had a pretty fun day. Soccer this morning after getting up at 10am (!), a run to the park while M was at preschool, some friends over before dinner, and a movie (which both T and E fell asleep during). M and I got some quality time together while the younger boys slept, and it made me realize how much fun it can be to just sit and play with my kids rather than rush off to the "to do" list. I have just finished reading Tuesdays With Morrie and was inspired by the ideas presented about what it means to lead a meaningful life. I am still thinking about it, but after talking with Chris, we decided that what we are doing right now is what is most important to us; me taking care of and spending time with the boys and Chris taking care of his patients and spending time with family. We of course have other goals and aspirations for our lives, but if we were to find out tomorrow it was our last day here I think we would both be satisfied that we had done as much as we could have with what we have been given. It is my goal for the future to remember to spend the best part of the day (when I have the most energy) doing what is most important to me - play with, read to, and spend time with my boys, talking with family and friends, exercising, reading, and writing - NOT doing laundry or dishes! Since it is now 10pm and I am just starting the dishes - I would call that goal met for today.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment