Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fashion Sense?

My little E seems to have his own idea of fashion. Last night I tried to put him in some nice warm fluffy jammies and he was so angry at me for putting him in "the stupid jammies." He fell asleep in the chair complaining about "gotta get them off!" The first thing he did when he woke up this morning was to dig through his closet and pick out the coolest (in his mind) outfit he could find. He chose: his red Mr. Incredible jammy bottoms, green Rudolph jammy top, one red sock, and one white sock. Thank goodness I didn't have to take him anywhere today. I try really hard to let my kids wear whatever they want, but sometimes I just can't bear to take them out in public wearing what they have chosen. I think today might have been one of those days. He sure is pleased with himself though.
All three kids seem to be on the mend today. I can always tell by the way the hyperactivity returns. I kept M home from preschool again, but am looking forward to sending him tomorrow. He gets way too bored here and starts causing trouble. C and I both noted how we kind of like way the house is so quiet and sedate when the kids are sick. How horrible is that!!!
We spent the afternoon watching Happy Feet to alleviate the cabin fever. It was so nice to snuggle up under a warm blanket with my boys cuddled up next to me - and it was a very cute movie.
I worked really hard today and almost got caught up on the laundry. Ever since T was born I am constantly behind. I have no idea how one little baby can cause such a backlog of laundry! It must be time for my mom to visit again! :) Just kidding mom. Kind of.

3 comments:

Susan Chaplin said...

Doesn't it make you wonder if everyone sees color the same way? As long as he doesn't go to high school that way...

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Just look at it this way. At least you know he can dress himself, so now you can raise the bar on expectations! Hah!