Monday, November 26, 2007

Deck the House

Chris got home early today and put Christmas lights up on the house. I was hoping to convince him to hire someone to do it since I am deathly afraid he is going to fall off the roof, but we made an agreement that he would do it this year and hire someone starting next year. I am moderately happy with that arrangement, and he managed to finish the lights without falling or injuring himself. E wanted in on the action and had fun climbing up and down the ladder about 50 times, with me shivering in bare feet nearby ready to catch him when he fell - but he didn't fall either - I guess he takes after his Daddy. We had wanted to go get our tree today, but by the time Chris finished with the outside lights I was tired and wanted a nap. It was an early start for me at 5:30am when I am used to getting up at 9am lately! M was excited to go to preschool today and got himself all dressed, including hat, gloves, and jacket, and was waiting by the door for me to get the other two boys dressed - very unusual but appreciated. He ran right into preschool without even a glance back, making me realize how fast he is growing up. I can almost see it happening on a daily basis now. When he got home from preschool the other two boys ate dinner and fell asleep so Chris and I had a lot of alone time with M to talk and play silly games. He has learned the "Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg..." song and we had a fun time singing that about a hundred times tonight for each other and any Grandparent that would answer their phone. I'm sure his preschool teachers really appreciate me teaching him that song. I love Christmastime!

No comments: