Sunday, November 11, 2007

One For the Record Book

I spend a lot of my time recording the "firsts" of my children. It's not very often that I get to record a first of my own. Tonight I went to my very first soccer game, and not just any soccer game, but a professional soccer game featuring one of the most famous players, David Beckham, and refereed by my very own brother-in-law. How cool is that!?! C and I took the boys, Sarah, and Randy, and had a great time taking pictures and cheering like we knew what we were cheering about. Sarah did a wonderful job of trying to explain the game to me. The boys sat happily eating their granola bars, chips, and M&M's and actually watched the game, which made me really look forward to taking them again in the future. When I asked M what his favorite part of the game was he said, "when they scored the goals". Like, duh, Mom. My favorite part: getting some time to talk with Sarah all by myself while watching Elias do something very few people in the world are talented and brave enough to do ....and watching M and E fall on the floor after trying to sit back down on their retracted chairs - they had never experienced folding stadium chairs before.
Another important event of the day: T said "Ma Ma" for the first time - and was actually looking at me. It made me melt into a mushy little pile of Mommy love. He's been saying "Da Da" for a while but I felt like he was actually calling us Ma Ma and Da Da tonight rather than just listening to the sound of his voice. How cool is THAT!?!

1 comment:

Blessed By 8 said...

How precious! What a totally fantastic day it sounds like you had! Our little Thomas has been playing with those sounds too, and seems quite proud of himself. I look forward to the day he will say "ma-ma" for real too!