I don't ususally read the comics, but there wasn't much interesting in our crummy paper today, so I found myself on the comics page after just a few minutes with my morning coffee. The one on the very top was For Better or For Worse by Lynn Johnston - the comic my mom swears mirrors my life. I have never actually been that amused by or really related that much to what Ms. Johnston has illustrated, but today I did big time, and here's why: every morning my little boys walk in to my room and state:
"It's time to get up Mommy, it's a bright sunny day (although usually it is NOT a bright sunny day - the sun hasn't even come up yet!). We need to go get some cereal (hereal to E). T is awake and he wants you go give him some milk. We're gonna be late for school!" (He doesn't even go to school until 1pm!)Now just a minute, I think, who is the parent here - and why won't you let me sleep!!!??? I think what irks me the most is the utter chipperness in their voices. I can't obtain such cheeriness until after a few cups of coffee and a shower. How do they do it? And, why is my mom always right?

1 comment:
Awww...so cute! Even though it is probably WAY too chipper for first thing in the morning. Glad they have a happy outlook though, right?
Post a Comment