Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The First Fort

Today I tried to start a media free day. I caved halfway through due to the incessant whining, but we started off well. The boys actually made their first fort (but they called it a tent) out of the coffee table (thank you Dad for replacing the glass top with wood), all of the couch pillows, three blankets, and an entire bin of cars. When I asked what the cars on top were for, M told me that they were "instruments." Works for me.

I had to take T to the doc's office for his second flu shot - it seems unnecessarily mean to have to make a baby get two of those awful things, but that's the way it has to be - or so they say. I don't know if he's just a tough kid, I am a great distractor, or if that nurse had excellent technique, but T didn't even flinch. When she was done - and noted the still smiling baby - she said, "well, I've never seen that before." I gave him some Tylenol, and he's still just as happy. I know some adults that cry more about flu shots than he did.

When we all got home from the doc's office, T, E, and I all fell asleep. Chris called at 3:30 to tell me he would get M, and all I could think was, "YES!" and went back to sleep. I woke up at 5:30(!) to all of my boys and Chris sitting down at the table to a dinner he had made - fettuccine alfredo with chicken and roasted bell peppers. I told him he is officially hired as the cook because it was so much better than anything I have made lately. He didn't want the job. I guess I'm stuck with it.

Oh and I forgot - in an effort to further my knowledge of the English language I am going to try to use the dictionary.com word of the day in my daily post (see the web link on the bottom sidebar). Here I go: This morning M woke me up at 6:30am in a state of dishabille because I had let him go to bed without his pull-up last night (in an effort -which failed - to help him learn how to stay dry at night). This morning he managed to get the wet clothes off, but didn't bother to put anything back on - this is a risky situation when your mother doesn't keep the heat on at night and the temp in the house was 59 degrees. BURRR!

No comments: