My baby is nine months old today! I can't believe the time has passed so quickly, but when I look back at pictures of when he was really a baby it all seems so long ago I can hardly remember it. I think it's a cruel joke that we can be blessed with such beautiful little creatures and then not be able to remember the details of their babyhood less than a year later. I already know I did not take enough video. At least with the older boys I can relive their babyness via Sony, but with T all I have is a few minutes of video and some still pictures (which just don't jog the memory the same way). I guess all I can do is appreciate the wonderful nine month old I have in front of me and journal the baby he is today...
Mr. T (as we call him at home - as well as "Mr. Handsome, munchkin (or little munch), Heavy T", or if he's really cold, "iced T") is a happy, personable nine month old little boy. He has just started scooting around on his stomach using his feet to propel himself forward. He is feeding himself finger foods (which works out great for me while I'm making dinner for the rest of the family), enjoys watching his brothers, can entertain himself for about 20 minutes with his toys while I attend to other matters, sleeping from 7pm to 7am, calling me "ma ma ma" in the morning when he wants milk, and telling me "mum mum mum" in the evening when he wants to go to bed. Says "da da da" when he's happy (or when he sees Daddy), loves talking with people and can carry on whole conversations with other babies. He still insists on sleeping in his bed - and will not ever (except in extreme tiredness) sleep anywhere else - which is becoming kind of a drag when we are out and about.
We went to the Science Museum today to watch the Greece movie in the IMAX theater. I have never taken all three of my boys to a movie at one time before, and I didn't really think about what a disaster it could be until I was sitting in my seat with T squirming on my lap. We made it through without any actual screaming, but I don't think I made any friends today. T was whining (he was tired from staying up WAY too late last night), M kept asking very loud questions, and my stupid alarm on my cell phone (the one that reminds me to pick up M from preschool) went off at 3:45 and I couldn't find my phone. I tried pretending it wasn't my phone that was ringing, but I don't think I fooled anyone. Whatever, at least it wasn't someone's wedding we ruined. We had dinner at Cosetta's - my
very favorite fast food Italian place (they are the ones that make the mostaccoili I have tried to recreate with moderate success), and then Dad and I took T home. Chris, the boys, Randy, Laura, Lisa, and Derek went to the Holidazzle parade and froze their toes off. Apparently Chris was so cold he had to take the boys home before Santa came by, and M and E were less than pleased with him. So, like any good dad would do, he stopped at the Mall of America on the way home to go say hi to the Santa there. He got a pretty great picture of the boys with Santa (he actually got E up on the big man's lap this time), and M got to tell Santa one last time how much he wants the "whackable tower and a thunder launcher." I hope he gets them.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Nine Months Old
Posted by
Alison
at
8:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy Snowsuits! :) I gotta start thinking "winter" again. We're going to Chicago next week...
Wish I could make a run to the good-old-MOA. I miss MN. :(
Oh...and little T is TOO cute. I can't believe he's 9 months old already! It seems like yesterday we were visiting you at the hospital (and you were like a little Energizer Bunny). hah
Post a Comment