Today I noticed for the first time that T can move himself across the room by scooting. I'm not really sure how long he has been doing this, but it can't have been for very long (can it?). He's not very fast - or very efficient, but he can get where he wants. I managed to take some video of him creeping along because I feel bad that I don't have nearly as much video of T as I do of the other boys when they were babies. Poor neglected third child. At any rate, it's exciting (and a little sad) to see that my baby is learning new things and growing up! He has also gotten his seventh tooth - luckily he isn't a biter like E was at this age...yet. I am working on being able to upload video to my posts so I can share some of the boy's memorable moments.
We got a special present from Great Aunt Mary last night - a beautiful quilt for T - very much like the ones she made for the other two boys. (I am still working on a picture of all three of them together with their quilts - they are very hard to photograph.) Each quilt is made from the same pattern but of different colors and fabrics - to give each one a distinct personality - just like the child for whom it is intended. I love these quilts so much I have been known to confiscate them for myself during naps. E sleeps with his every night, and T has been enjoying playing on M's quilt because it is so bright and cheery. Now he can play on his own. THANK YOU Aunt Mary. We love these quilts and we will continue to love them for many many years to come. We will probably have to fight over them when the kids leave for college.
My house is a terrible cacophony of toys right now and it is causing me psychological distress. There are toys everywhere, all of which make some awful loud noise, with loud discordant colors, none of the multi-part toys are together in one place anymore, and when I try to pick up one mess another reappears in it's place immediately afterwards. I feel the need to purge my house completely of toys, but know that with Christmas just around the corner I will be up to my eyeballs in toys again in just a few weeks! HELP! I wonder if Santa could take some toys away this year rather than bringing more? Or would that just ruin Christmas for my children? I feel bad giving toys away when they really do still play with all of them - they just have no ability to pick up after themselves (yes, I realize this is a skill I have to teach - I am just a slacker mom at heart I guess). I distinctly remember watching my Aunt Wanda raking (with a yard rake) the toys in her kid's playroom into a closet one time we went to visit. I thought it was funny at the time, but I am thinking of heading out to the garage to look for the yard tools because now it seems like a pretty good idea.
Tonight we watched The Santa Clause with M. We hadn't planned on watching it, or letting him stay up to watch a movie with us, it just kind of happened. We popped up some popcorn, poured out some root beer, and snuggled up with our little boy on the couch. We both decided this was what life was all about - it was so special to share one of our favorite Christmas traditions (watching Christmas movies) with our little boy. I look forward to sharing many more traditions with all my boys.
1 comment:
Surely a snow shovel could do the job! :) We've been working on getting Ayla to put stuff away and it's going well. I think because I'm so obsessed with things being in their place, she has taken to it as well (at least for now). One of her first words has been "back" as in "I'm putting this back".
Post a Comment