Today was a special day for E and me. M was sick last night (having caught whatever bug E had on Saturday), so Chris stayed home with him this morning while E and I went to his ECFE class alone. We've never been able to do that before, and looking back at him in the rear view mirror, I could see how pleased he was. We got an hour to play together at his class and then I took him on a shopping trip to pick up more supplies for the Christmas ornaments we are making, and he got to choose a treat as we were checking out. I think he had a pretty good time, and it was very special for me to have some alone time with my middle boy.
I spent a long time today making ornaments and working on calendar pages, so I am kind of crafted out at the moment. I am really only half done, but if I can continue at a pari passu for the rest of the week, I may just finish before Christmas.
I also got to go for a run in the balmiest December weather I have felt in a while. It was sunny and very warm, and halfway though the run I was majorly bummed because my new running shoes (thanks to my mother in law) got all dirty from all the melting snow. I guess I should be happy that it's warm enough to melt snow, but come on, these are new white shoes we're talking about here.
After all that running and crafting I was tired so I took a nap while Chris made pad thai and his favorite Christmas Star cookies. He had to go and make a double batch so now I have about 100 cookies sitting around the kitchen just begging to be eaten, and of course, he isn't home most of the time, so guess who eats most of them...me. I told him to hide them from me. I feel like Monica on Friends..."No, please, I don't want the cookies...okay maybe just one box, well, maybe two...all right I'll just take these twelve."
Happy Christmas cookie eating to all.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Blast Thee Calorie Laden Christmas Cookie!
Posted by
Alison
at
10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment