It hit me really hard tonight. My little baby really is not a baby anymore. He's scooting around on his stomach, has discovered the stairs (thus the baby gate went up today), is trying really hard to pull up, can sit and play in the real bathtub, feeds himself at dinner, and has a fantastic time playing with all the cardboard boxes from Christmas. I don't know whether to be excited or kind of sad about all that. I remember how it used to take all of his energy to keep his head steady when he looked up at me as I held him. Now it takes all of my energy just to hold him in one place as he lunges toward whatever small and dangerous object that has caught his eye.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
The Quiet After Christmas
Chris got home early today (because people don't want their kids to have surgery right after Christmas?) so it was almost like having another vacation day. He played legos with the boys downstairs while I tried to catch up on some scrapbooking. It was beautiful and sunny outside, and the sun coming through the window made me nice and warm. It really was quite lovely, and I was almost reminded of the quiet I used to experience before all of these wonderful children entered my life.
Now I am going to take myself to the pool to see if I can swim off some of the Christmas cookies. If not, I figure I should at least be able to float better - because fat floats, right?
Posted by
Alison
at
6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment