Wednesday, December 19, 2007

That's A Really Big Card...And A Very Cute Elf!

I finally got my Christmas cards in the mail today, and I have to say I am a little embarrassed at how big they turned out to be. I didn't really pay attention to the final print size when I ordered them (probably because it was in pixels - and who really understands how big those are anyway), and I was kind of shocked when I took them out of the box (yes, they were big enough to require a box - and now I know why they required $5 in shipping). They are a whole 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock folded in half! They are like twice as big as most of the cards I have received from other people in the mail. I guess I am compensating for something....I wonder what? I apologize in advance for the amount of room my card will require in your house.

I got a darn funny email from Laura (Chris' mom) tonight with a link to elfyourself.com. You can view it by clicking here. Apparently she is trying to avoid writing a paper or studying for a final exam because it seems she spent quite a while "elfing" the boys and Chris. (I would always do lots of laundry/clean the apartment/wash every dish in the kitchen when I was trying to avoid studying for finals.) I was gone when Chris showed it to M, but apparently he just about split a gut laughing. M has always been our laugh out loud, pee in your pants kind of giggly child, and he didn't disappoint us tonight. There is something just plain wonderful about hearing a child laugh.

Speaking of which, I woke up this morning to the sounds of M and E giggling in their room. They still get up too early for me, but they have learned how to entertain themselves until a decent hour (or until the sun comes up) by playing in their room or on their computer. I don't know what was so funny in their rooms today, but I listened to them laughing for about 30 minutes before I had to go down to investigate. They were playing Legos. Just as I was about to go into the room I heard E say something about "need to go get Mommy to fix it." M told him, "No, Mommy doesn't know how to fix things. Here, let me fix it for you." And he did. I don't know whether to feel crummy that my son thinks I can't fix things or really proud of him that he can fix things and is kind enough to help his brother without being asked.

No comments: