Chris and I took E and M sledding again today on a big hill near Chris' parent's house. It was even faster this week due to the new icy snow. The bumps were bigger and the jumps were higher. I found myself going down the hill saying, "oh, ouch, uhg, uff, uh, ow, ughhhh." By the third time down I had gotten past my discomfort, was probably getting overconfident, and managed to run over my own hand while trying to steer the sled. I knew it hurt when I did it, but it didn't start really hurting until later. My knuckle on my left fourth finger is now very swollen, and it hurts to carry a glass of water. A non-bibulous person would decide she was too old for sledding and be done with it. Not me. I just need a new sled. I want one of those padded saucers - so my butt is insulated from the bumps and the steering is unimportant.
Aside from my injuries, the boys had a great time. At the bottom of each run both boys would shout, "let's do THAT again!" I think Chris got a pretty good workout dragging E up the hill on his sled. Those poor little legs just get so tired. M did an amazing job hiking up the hill each time by himself - and all that exericse didn't even tire him out. He's still going strong at 9:45pm.
M got to make lefse with Grandma and Grandpa tonight. He loved watching Grandpa roll out the dough and then helped Grandma ''fork the bubbles" in the lefse while it was cooking. I think he was pretty proud of himself, and I think it's pretty cool that he is helping to carry on the Mickelson family tradition.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Sledding Should Have An Age Limit
Posted by
Alison
at
9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, better to injure your left hand than your right, and I suppose a fourth digit is less critical to hand function than a thumb. But the question is how does your butt feel today--after all the bouncing? Getting old is no picnic!
Post a Comment