Friday, December 14, 2007

How to Get Mommy Out of Bed REALLY Fast

Wow, is Friday night ever the best night in the whole week to go grocery shopping! I had a long hard day, so I took myself to the gym tonight after dinner and then to the grocery store. Most people do fun things like go out to dinner and a movie with their spouse/friends on Friday night, but no, not me. I go to Target and buy diapers, milk, and EasyMac. Yep, I'm living the good life, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Actually, I would have done just about anything to get out of the house this evening because I spent the entire day covered in the various body fluids of my children, which is never a good thing. This morning at 6am E crawled into bed with me, which is not that unusual. He snuggled up to me and I thought, "he's so cute, this is so nice." Then, Chris got up to take a shower and eat breakfast, and E stayed in the bed. This is not normal for him but I still thought, "oh he's so cute, this is so nice." Then he threw up on me, which was not at all nice. In the almost five years of being a parent I have never had someone throw up in my face. I spent the rest of the morning alternating between whisking E to the sink and changing T's poopy diapers (he was running at the other end). Poor little E looked so frangible laying on the couch (and at times, the floor), all pale and sad, moaning and crying, and just looking terribly pathetic. I felt so bad for him - until he puked again (and again, and again...) and my sympathy had to be put aside while I cleaned up the newest mess. By 4:30pm I called Chris in a desperate attempt for help, only to find out that he had just started an emergency appendectomy. At that point all I could think was, "I want my Mommy!" Alas, I am now the Mommy, and that is exactly what my poor kids were thinking, so I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back to work. But, I can guarantee that whenever my kids crawl into bed with me in the future, I will keep a safe distance.

No comments: