Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Looking A LOT Like Christmas!

While M was at preschool today I barricaded myself in my room with my book. When my alarm (yes, I need an alarm to remember to go get my child) went off I saw out the window for the first time in three hours - it was snowing...HARD...big, white, beautiful, fluffy flakes. I raced to get E and T ready so we wouldn't be late, because I could tell just by looking that those roads were BAD. I was right. It took 10 minutes to get there instead of two, no thanks to the crazy behind me that insisted on tailing me with his brights on the whole way. I mean really, do they really think that by driving two inches behind me that I will go faster?!? I did NOT go faster, and I was tempted to go even slower just to prove my point, but I did have two kids in the car and chose not to provoke him and risk getting shot. So, I did get to preschool (slower than usual but still on time) and when M got outside he was so excited to get home and start shoveling. I convinced him to wait until Daddy got home so we could all go out together to shovel and then go sledding on the hill behind our house. With a lot of effort on our part, a lot of screaming from E, and a lot of searching for warm clothes for T, we finally all got out the door at about 6:30pm. It was so beautiful. The wind had died down, it was somewhat warm (considering it was snowing), and there were big, fat, lazy flakes falling from the sky. The boys could sense the magic. They helped us shovel the driveway with nary a complaint, and when it was all done, we trudged up the hill (dragging our lazy children on their sleds). They loved it - until E got snow in his glove - and then there was nothing but crabbing, so we headed in. It was a good first start, and I am proud of my boys (T included) for braving the Minnesota winter.

1 comment:

Blessed By 8 said...

Yay! You are such an awesome mom!It WAS so very beautiful and looked perfect for playing. I sent 3 of the kids out, and spent 20 minutes getting Laura ready while the baby screamed(he is STILL sick), only for her to take one step outside and yell "I'm scared! No Mommy, No!"Not quite the successful outing I had been hoping for, but the other 3 had a blast!