Friday, December 28, 2007

Not an Idle Threat

So here's a funny story...see this picture? Wanna know what it took to get all three kids looking at the camera - and two of them smiling?



I threatened to turn their new Batman movie off if they didn't look at the camera and smile. E decided not to cooperate, so I shut the tv off - and magically my threat carried a lot more weight. I got ONE decent picture. Then I tried to turn the tv back on - and it wouldn't go back on. Can you just imagine the screaming that ensued then? I got my tv free day!

One more cute story: I decided to teach M about how to say a prayer today because my Grandpa is in the hospital (yes, I realize it's not very Christian of us to wait until the child is almost five to teach him this, but I guess I just suck). E was uninterested in joining us (again) but M folded his hands neatly and said, "Dear God, the Grandpa in California with the air that goes in his nose is very sick and we like him a lot so please make his lungs work better so his heart can work better so he can be happy. The End." I think that was a lot better (and a lot more cute) than most of mine, and if quality counts then I know it will be heard.

No comments: