We had to wake M up this morning so that we could get to Chris' parent's house to celebrate Christmas with them. M has been sleeping until late morning lately, and we just couldn't wait any longer for him. We spent the morning drinking coffee and opening a few presents with Chris' parents, and then Lisa and Derek arrived and shared their big news with us. Chris and I will finally get a niece or nephew next July, and we couldn't be happier for them or more excited if we were having a baby ourselves - which we're not - at least not yet. I am so looking forward to sharing the joys and tribulations of motherhood with a family member from my own generation, and I think Lisa is going to make the most wonderful mother.
After that fantastic news it was hard to concentrate on anything else, but we managed to take the boys out sledding down a fantastic sledding hill not far from Chris' parent's house. M loved it, E was pretty excited about it, and T absolutely hated it. I don't blame him. It was about 12 degrees, we were probably going 15 miles per hour down the hill, and there was snow blowing in his face. He'll love it this time next year though, I guarantee it.
After about 30 minutes of freezing our bums off, we decided to warm up by taking the boys to their first Christmas Eve church service ever at Lisa and Derek's church. It was a very busy place and the entire sanctuary was full - as well as many of the adjoining rooms. We sat out in the hall for a while before giving up because we couldn't hear or see anything. It actually worked out perfect for us since the boys don't really possess the ability to sit or listen quietly.
Apparently all the cold air and crowds tired me and E out because after dinner we both took a three hour nap. I felt very asocial for sleeping through most of our time with Chris' parents, but I was just plain tired. Too much merriment and joy lately I suppose. Grandma Laura read "The Night Before Christmas" to M and T while E and I slept. Unfortunately for me, all that napping means I am not so tired now, and we had a very hard time convincing E to go to bed. I finally had to threaten him with, "if you don't do to bed, Santa can't come." Both boys took off running, but not before M told me, "I want to take a long winter's nap." and E told me, "I have a Batman move. Goodnight!" I love little kids.
Thank you Aunt Becky for the beautiful knit hat your made for T. I love it, and I love that I may finally be able to keep his little blond head warm. Now I just need some matching mittens...
After that fantastic news it was hard to concentrate on anything else, but we managed to take the boys out sledding down a fantastic sledding hill not far from Chris' parent's house. M loved it, E was pretty excited about it, and T absolutely hated it. I don't blame him. It was about 12 degrees, we were probably going 15 miles per hour down the hill, and there was snow blowing in his face. He'll love it this time next year though, I guarantee it.
After about 30 minutes of freezing our bums off, we decided to warm up by taking the boys to their first Christmas Eve church service ever at Lisa and Derek's church. It was a very busy place and the entire sanctuary was full - as well as many of the adjoining rooms. We sat out in the hall for a while before giving up because we couldn't hear or see anything. It actually worked out perfect for us since the boys don't really possess the ability to sit or listen quietly.
Apparently all the cold air and crowds tired me and E out because after dinner we both took a three hour nap. I felt very asocial for sleeping through most of our time with Chris' parents, but I was just plain tired. Too much merriment and joy lately I suppose. Grandma Laura read "The Night Before Christmas" to M and T while E and I slept. Unfortunately for me, all that napping means I am not so tired now, and we had a very hard time convincing E to go to bed. I finally had to threaten him with, "if you don't do to bed, Santa can't come." Both boys took off running, but not before M told me, "I want to take a long winter's nap." and E told me, "I have a Batman move. Goodnight!" I love little kids.Thank you Aunt Becky for the beautiful knit hat your made for T. I love it, and I love that I may finally be able to keep his little blond head warm. Now I just need some matching mittens...
2 comments:
Grandma Laura says: As we were sitting out in the hallway trying to hear something of the church, M was in front of me on his knees and picked up my heart necklace. I asked M if he knew what shape it was, and he said, "Yes, it's a heart." I said, "Grandpa gave it to me because he loves me." M then said, "I love you, too," and leaned over and gave me a kiss and a hug. It was the best Christmas present a Grandma could ask for! He is such a sweet boy!
Lisa says...under Laura's sign on
What a special Christmas we had! And I can hardly wait for all the fun times Ali and I will have with our future play dates! I am truly blessed to have such a nice sister-in-law and I plan on asking for LOTS of advice in the near future! I can only hope I will be as good of mom as she has been :)
Love you guys!
Post a Comment