Monday, December 10, 2007

I Think That Lady Is Crazy!

That's the look I get from people a lot around here. I take my boys running in the stroller even when there is six inches of snow on the ground, when the snowplow hasn't been by since before we got the last three, and even when it's 15 degrees out.

When I got up this morning, the sun was shining brightly, reflecting off the bright white snow, and shockingly, there was no wind! I made a plan to get out there after I dropped M off at preschool (because he gets to play outside while he's there - so I thought we should get to also). I was a little disheartened at the reading on the thermometer, but I decided we are Minnesotans, and as long as you have a snowsuit, hat, gloves, neck warmer, two pairs of socks, and a nice warm blanket (for the boys) you can go out in any weather! I enjoyed myself immensely since I knew I wouldn't be getting back outside today since Chris is stuck in another liver transplant again tonight. My only complaint (because it's so unlike me to complain right?) is that people are too lazy to shovel their sidewalks the entire width of the sidewalk - making it nearly impossible to stay on the sidewalk for a large portion of the run if you have a double running stroller. If you're out there you might as well do the job right, don't you think? I guess most people figure nobody really uses the sidewalks in the winter so they don't put much effort into their shoveling. As someone who uses the sidewalks at least four times a week, I do a stellar job shoveling - but mostly because the shoveling itself is good exercise (and I can do it during nap time).
I took some pictures of T by the tree today. He is really into making silly faces right now, so most of them look pretty funny, but I did get a few normal looking ones.
The boys have been super good tonight - entertaining themselves (by making a huge mess of the house), making their own dinner (cereal - again), reading stories to me (really!), and knowing when to leave me alone (when I get crabby about the huge mess they have made). E and T are already in bed (at 7pm) and M is happily swimming in the tub. It's interesting how much earlier everyone goes to bed when Daddy doesn't come home. I guess I just bore them all to sleep.

2 comments:

Susan Chaplin said...

You are amazing. I wish I had as much motivation to go outside and run around. Maybe you should live closer....

Andrea S. said...

Good for you! There's something "accomplishing" about going out in the snow like that. In a strange way I think it gives you more confidence. Like "If I can go out in the freezing cold with my kids and exercise, then I can do anything!".

Want to trade houses for a week? I'll take a little bit of snow, and you can have some summer weather for a few days...