We spent the day recovering from staying up too late for the past two nights. I took a three hour nap while the rest of my family drove around looking at houses and neighborhoods. I don't think I have heard so much quiet for five years, and it was wonderful. When my boys got home I took M out sledding and had a wonderful time in the powdery new snow. I think we got at least six inches today, and it made for perfect sledding conditions. We went over to the hill in my parent's neighbor's backyard (which I remember being so much bigger when I was a kid), I pushed M off down the hill, and I could hear him saying, "wheeee!" all the way down the hill. I followed him (only getting half as far down - I guess you don't go as far when you're 100 pounds heavier?) and we repeated the process for about 45 minutes. M got cold, so I shoveled my parent's driveway, hoping to get some exercise to work off all of the cookies I have eaten in the past three days.
The most exciting part of the day for me was when at 7pm Chris and I left our sleepy and almost in bed children with my parents and headed off to the mall (to finish up some Christmas shopping) and to the movie theater to see The Golden Compass. We really enjoyed it and by the time we walked out of the theater I had made my plan to steal my mom's copy of the book from her without her knowledge. No, I wouldn't do that. But I have been known to "borrow" books people are currently reading and read them while hiding in the bathroom. It really was that good of a movie.
I have also made a plan to lay off the cookies...right after I finish off the gingerbread cookies I plan on making tomorrow. Merry Christmas Eve to all.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
The Girl Who Ate 1,000 Christmas Cookies
Posted by
Alison
at
10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Merry Christmas Eve to you guys too. We got your Christmas card today and can I just say your boys all have the most beautiful eyes! Enjoy the snow!
Post a Comment