Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It Was Just One of Those Days

The weirdness started when I took the boys to PAIIR (early childhood education) today. I dropped M off at the sibling care room and then started walking E to his room and he dropped down on all fours and crawled down the hallway to his room. His teacher looked at me questioningly, and all I could do was shake my head (I have no idea what he is doing). Weird.


Later, as I was just pulling into the parking lot at M's preschool, M says, "hey Mom, check this out!" I turned around to watch him dump an entire (full) Aquafina water bottle over his head (IN THE CAR!). All I could do was look at him in disbelief (as he dripped water into the puddle in his lap) and utter, "WHAT are you DOING?" His answer was simple. "Pretending it's raining." Well, duh. I took him into preschool soaking wet and he says to me, "Mommy, I'm all wet!" I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen when he poured a bottle of water over his head, but I sure wasn't going to drive all the way home to get him dry clothes. Today he got to learn about natural consequences, and amazingly, he didn't really complain all that much about it. Very weird.

Then, as I was on my way out the door to take E to the dentist my shoe caught on the stairs and I did a really nice impression of a waterless swan dive onto the entry way tile (from the top of the stairs - really it was very impressive). Chris and E both witnessed the whole thing (Chris almost caught me) and just stared at me in shock until I started laughing at myself - and then joined in. I have never done that before, but I am so thankful I wasn't carrying T when it happened because he would have gotten hurt. Very very weird.

THEN, as I was getting E into the car (still trying to get to the dentist) he jumped right in the two inch deep puddle of water in our garage - soaking me and him from the knee down. Not really very weird, but extremely annoying.

No comments: